Wednesday 15 June 2016

A Day At Discovery Cove

Hi everybody, Uiscebawn here! I managed to get the best job in the world and they decided to send me to Florida to sample some of the amazing theme parks there! One of the parks we visited was Discovery Cove. I was so excited to go here because we had had a hectic few days and this was our last park of the week. I think we all needed to go somewhere where we could relax but still have unforgettable experiences. Discovery Cove was the perfect place to go. It only allows 1300 people in a day. It has a quieter, resort like experience. Its an all-inclusive so food, drinks, wet suits, towels and sun cream are all included. Here’s how my time at Discovery Cove went :)


When I first arrived at Discovery Cove, I received photo ID that I brought around the park throughout the day. This tells you the time of your dolphin swim if you have purchased one and is also proof of being over 21 (very important.) The group I was with all had a laugh at each others photos before heading into the resort. I grabbed a pair of snorkels and went straight to the Grand Reef.


discoverycove035-82212.jpg


The Grand Reef is fantastic for the whole family! This saltwater reef has shallow areas for paddling and deep areas for the more adventurous swimmers. I forgot I was in the middle of a park and believed I was swimming in the ocean with stingrays and other fish. After petting a huge sting ray and swimming with the colourful fish, I took a selfie with a shark! Don’t worry, there is glass between you and the sharp teeth! I could’ve spent all day there! Before I knew it, it was time for my dolphin interaction.


12079075_10206482507633987_8353009503596645747_n.jpg

12046684_10206503087348467_5404099939212766033_n.jpg


This 30 minute adventure was the highlight of the day! I got up close and personal with a bottlenose dolphin named Yoko, fed it, swam with it and got my picture taken so the memories could last even when I returned from my trip! An expert trainer was there the entire time to answer any questions we had about the dolphins. The dolphins loved all the attention and belly rubs they got and they put on a show for us at the end.


11222119_10153905677160579_7589972207776339030_n.jpg


I went to Laguna Grill for my lunch. This is where I went for my breakfast, lunch and unlimited snacks and beverages! After my pulled pork sandwich, I wanted to go somewhere to relax and enjoy the sun. I went to an area which has unofficially been named the Relaxation Station! This shallow water is heated and has seats built in so you can sit back and relax with a drink. I was so relaxed, I hardly noticed the time go by! I didn’t want to miss out on all the amazing attractions at Discovery Cove, so I left the comfort of the heated pool and went exploring!


DiscoveryCove.png


I explored the Wind-Away River, saw otters playfully splash in the Freshwater Oasis and even saw two macaws have a sing off with two guests at the park! I left Discovery Cove with a smile on my face... and sunburn on my nose! Top tip: Use the dolphin friendly sun cream they provide. You'll need it!
Otters-Discovery-Cove.jpg


There was something to do no matter what my mood and I would recommend this to anyone visiting Orlando! Hope this helps anyone looking for things to do in Orlando other than roller coasters.

Talk soon!

Uiscebawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment