Monday 30 March 2015

My Favourites of the Month: March

So its nearly still as cold and wet as December but March is just about over. We are one month nearer to Summer! I've picked a few of things that stood out to me in the last month. Here it goes:

Beauty: Maybelline BB Eye Cream


After a few days of my Internship, I quickly realised makeup is not an option for me at 7.30am. I'm too tired in the morning to put makeup on but I also look so tired without makeup that I could possibly scare people if they looked at me. This is why Maybelline BB Eye Cream is my miracle this month! It rolls on so easily and it gives my skins a refreshing boost in the morning, something I don't get with thick layers of makeup. I pair this with Maybelline BB cream on my face, mascara and depending how tired I am, bronzer and eyebrow mascara.




Health: Dermalex

When I started my bar staff job back in October, I got contact dermatitis on my hands. In the beginning it was really awful. The skin on my hands was cracked and raw. I was in a lot of pain and no creams were working. I even had super strength prescription creams and they weren't doing a thing. I went to the pharmacy to get a gentle hand wash for sensitive skin (Elave Handwash) and the pharmacist took one look at my hands and recommended a new cream, Dermalex. Its not like the steroid creams that thin your skin out. It creates a barrier in the skin to stop moisture leaving the skin. I noticed a difference within a couple of days! I had a gross stage of scaly skin but after that it was fresh skin. Now I'm not fully healed, I still get a few cuts and raw areas and the palms of my hands are very red but Dermalex literally saved me from so much agony! I'm recommending it to all my friends who have a similar problem from working in bars.




Food: Fruit/Seed/Yoghurt Lunch

I bring in a snack to work with me everyday and I wanted it to be healthy. This lunch is perfect. It's basically soya yoghurt, flaxseed, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, any other seeds in the press and any berries we have in the fridge, usually grapes, strawberries and blueberries, mixed together in a lunch box. It doesn't sound nice but believe me it is! Plus it really fills me up and gives me energy for the rest of the work day. I really notice the difference in my work performance depending on what I eat. We got pizza in work one Friday and I combined that with a strawberry milkshake. Bad Idea! Within half an hour, I had a headache, I was so tired and I couldn't concentrate at all. Health food all the way!




Entertainment: Parks and Recreation

I havent gotten obsessed with a new TV show in a while so its about time a new one came along. My cousin, Hannah, told me to watch Parks and Recreation about two years ago. She said it was definitely my kinda funny and I'd love it. I watched a couple of episodes and it didn't do anything for me so I left it. I was bored a few months ago and started it again. OH MY GOD it is hilarious! If I had just given it a couple more episodes I would have known how amazing it is! Amy Poehler is one of the funniest women alive! Chris Pratt comes out with some 'one liners' that have me on the floor laughing. The relationships between all the characters is believable. They have long running jokes but don't over use them at the same time. Its just brilliant. I finished the final season last week and now I don't know what to do with life... so I'm rewatching all the seasons again :) If you want a taster of it, heres one of my personal favourite scenes were they go to a club promoting a new kind of drink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyEarGbpXM




So they're my favourites of this month. Talk soon!

Uiscebawn x


Uiscebawn

No comments:

Post a Comment